We have received some reports of players receiving a Terrain Texture Error after the Mar 13, 2013 patch. On load, some players may receive the following error:
Terrain Texture Error. Texture load failed! - assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi\America\\Feature_Amer_Cerro_de_Potosi_H.dds
There are two different fixes for this issue. The first is simple but takes a bit longer, the second is quicker, but a bit more complicated.
Fix #1: Reinstall
A simple reinstallation should remove the faulting asset files, but the game will need to be redownloaded completely.
- Open Steam
- In your Steam Library, right-click on Civilization V and select "Delete Local Content".
- Then, reinstall the game from the Steam Library listing.
Fix #2: Manually Remove the Problem Files
There are four files that are no longer necessary in the most recent version of the game, so they can be manually deleted from the game's installation directory, if you are comfortable with doing so. This will avoid the need to fully reinstall the game, and will also resolve these errors.
The following files can be safely deleted from their directories. By default, the files will be found in the following:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi\Africa\Feature_Afri_Cerro_de_Potosi.csv
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi\America\Feature_Amer_Cerro_de_Potosi.csv
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi\Asia\Feature_Asia_Cerro_de_Potosi.csv
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi\Europe\Feature_Euro_Cerro_de_Potosi.csv
Delete these files when the game is NOT running. Once these files have been removed, the game should launch successfully.
If you continue to have issues after deleting these files manually, please verify game cache in Steam, which should repair any problematic install files.
- Load Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.