If you are experiencing freezes in NBA 2K14, it may be due to a corrupted file, title update, or roster update.
Please try the following:
- First, load up your PlayStation 3 and go to the XMB.
- Next, navigate to the Save Data Utility (PS3), which is found on the XMB under "Game.
- NOTE: this section is different from the Game Data Utility, which holds your install files.
Once in the Save Data Utility, search for all of the NBA 2K14 files. Find any files labeled "Settings" and "Sliders" and delete them. Also delete "Living Rosters," "NBA Today," "Online Game Data," and anything labeled "Home" if present.
- NOTE: this section of your Hard Drive also includes your Save Files. Do NOT delete any files other than the ones listed here.
Next, delete the files found in the Game Data Utility. Navigate to the Game Data Utility (PS3), which is found on the XMB under "Game."
- NOTE: this section is different from the Save Data Utility, which was discussed above.
- NOTE: you may lose items such as downloaded items (2K Share, patches, roster, shoes). These can be later recovered or recreated. This procedure will not delete your Gamertag, Achievements or Save games.