The DXDiag and MSinfo files provide a written, comprehensive view of your hardware, system components, and software environments. Providing these files to our agents can expedite the support process by giving us information about what your PC setup is like.
To create the DxDiag.txt
- Go to Start > Run and type 'dxdiag' (without quotes please) in the 'Open' field and press OK button
- Wait for 'green' progress bar to finish loading and then press the 'Save All Information...'’ button
- Name the file with some useful info, like your name and the date, and save it where you can find it, like the Desktop, by pressing the 'Save' button
- Press the 'Exit' button to quit this application
Export a MSInfo report:
- Go to Start > Run and type 'msinfo32' (without quotes please) in the 'Open' field and press OK button
- NOTE: Please make sure that both "search selected category only" and "search category names only" are not checked.
Be sure to include a detailed description of the problem you are having and the text of any detailed error messages that appear.
It will also help us if you can send a screenshot of the error message with the created files.