The team is currently investigating an issue where special MyTEAM player cards (Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, and Ruby class cards) seem to disappear from some players’ MyTEAM collections. In most cases, this appears to be caused by an outdated roster file. If you experienced this after successfully earning or winning a special card, please try rebooting your console, let the game load and idle for approximately 5-10 minutes, and then load into MyTEAM mode. Your collection should return as normal.
Here’s how to tell if your roster is up-to-date:
- Navigate into MyTEAM mode.
- If you see updated players listed, such as Diamond Kevin Durant (Reward Collection) or Ruby Scottie Pippen (Reward Collection), then you have the latest roster.
- If you do not see the updated players, please reboot your console and relaunch the game while connected to the internet, then wait approximately 5-10 minutes, and then check MyTEAM mode again to see if the updated players appear.
If you've completed these steps and the cards do not re-appear, you may need to delete and re-install NBA 2K14, which should resolve the issue. Here are the appropriate steps for this workaround:
- Delete the NBA 2K14 Application from your PS4/Xbox One
- Power down your console completely.
- Disconnect your console from power.
- Plug your console back in.
- Power up your PS4/Xbox One
- Re-install NBA 2K14
- Sign into your PSNid/Xbox Gamertag
- Launch NBA 2K14
- Watch the entire intro video without skipping.
- Update all patches for NBA 2K14.