If you are having issues with connecting to online modes in NBA 2K15, please refer to the connection troubleshooting guide below:
1. Check our server status page to make sure that the NBA 2K15 servers are online.
2. Check all the physical devices on your network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
2. Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.
- For Xbox One, refer to this site about how to connect to Xbox Live:
- For Xbox 360, please check out to this site for Xbox Live:
- For PlayStation 4, follow the instructions on this site:
- For PlayStation 3, refer to the following website:
- For PC, refer to the following website
Understanding NAT Types:
NAT stands for Network Address Translation. That sounds complicated but -in a nutshell- your NAT type represents how easily your console can communicate with other devices through the web.
- Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. This is probably the least common type.
- Moderate NATs can only connect to open and moderate. This is probably the most common type.
- Strict NATs can ONLY connect to open.
Strict NATs are a difficult problem with peer-to-peer games. Since most people don't have open NATs, the player with a strict NAT won't be able to find many joinable games.
Also, if the player with a strict NAT does manage to join a game, and if another player with a moderate NAT joins later, the player with the strict NAT gets kicked out.
The problem is even worse as it's sometimes difficult for software to detect which NAT type it is running behind. This can often cause a report that the player has a moderate NAT when they actually have a strict NAT.
Another problem is that sometimes an ISP (Internet Service Provider) is also behind a NAT, which often means even if you have a direct connection to the internet (without a router/firewall), the ISP still acts as a Strict NAT.
The following Ports need to be open on your router to connect to the NBA 2K online servers:
TCP 80, UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53, TCP 53, UDP 3064, TCP 1795, TCP 1745, UDP 1795, UDP 1745
If you need assistance with opening these ports, please refer to the following website for more information (you will need to know your router brand and model, as the website guides are based on specific routers)
Here are some additional tips that have helped many players improve their connectivity:
- Make sure your router's firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).
- Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
- Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.
- Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router.
- If you don't care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your PC's address. This turns off all of your router's firewall features for that specific PC.
- Get a router that has the "Xbox LIVE compatible" or "Certified for Windows" logo.
- Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS setting should be.
If you are still having issues connecting to the online servers after trying the above steps, try connecting your broadband modem directly to the console or PC you are playing the game on. This can help determine if the issue is related directly to the router or another source.