While XCOM 2: War of The Chosen launches on August 29th, the Propaganda Center is available. You can create some war-and-meme-worthy posters right now, through a free download on Steam.
Now available for free on Steam, the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Propaganda Center contains the Photobooth application included in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. With it, create your own propaganda posters using a variety of backgrounds, filters and soldier poses of your favorite XCOM troops.
Even if you haven’t signed up for duty yet, you can get a jump by creating your new troopers in the Propaganda Center. Then designate them as soldiers or VIPs that you might find in your XCOM 2: War of The Chosen campaign. Let’s walk you through this…
DOWNLOAD PROPAGANDA CENTER
The first, most obvious, step is to download the Propaganda Center. It’s available on Windows PC – and you’ll find it on the Steam store here. The app itself is a 3GB download and has the same system requirements for the XCOM 2 base game.
HOW PROPAGANDA CENTER WORKS
From the main menu, you can see who is currently available in your Character Pool or create your own, new soldiers. For the sake of this walkthrough, let’s focus on the Photobooth option.
- Starting from the top, you can select the formation. Get your squad lined up, in a wedge formation, as a small mob, posing with a pal or going solo.
- From there, select up to six soldiers to set up their position and pose (there are loads of different poses for all the soldiers and number of class-specific ones as well.) From there, tweak with your mouse to zoom in and around what you’ve put together. Not sure how you want to compose the shots? There are six pre-sets to get you going.
- Next up, select from 23 different background images. Want to make yours stand out more? Go ahead and tint it with two color variants.
- From the 16 different layouts you can choose how – and if – you want to stylize your propaganda art. Do you want to make it look like you’re taking a snapshot or drafting a recruitment poster? It’s up to you.
- Select from a few different fonts, filters and effects to complete the look of your images.
- When you’re ready, tap the “Take Photo” button. By default, it saves a poster-sized image (720 by 1080 pixels) to the following directory:
- Documents / XCOM2 Propaganda Center /XComGame/Photobooth