A recurring question we’ve received regarding NBA 2K18 is how to dunk. Below is a quick guide:
- Lace up your favorite pair of basketball shoes and grab your controller.
- On Offense, hold down R2 (PS4) or the Right Trigger (XB1), then move your player toward the basket using the Left Stick.
- This activates your player's turbo sprint and modifies both the Shot Button (Square on the PS4 or X on the XB1) and Shot Stick.
- Holding the Right Stick toward the basket will give you a 2-hand dunk. Left or right will give you a left or right handed dunk. Away from the hoop will attempt a flashy dunk.
- Additionally, attempting a dunk requires a clear path, meaning another player can’t be between you and the basket.
- Because there's an exception to every rule, though: Some dunkers do have the ability to dunk over defenders standing under the rim.
NOTE: For more impressive dunks, you need to have dunk packages equipped.
- To edit your MyPLAYER's dunk animations, follow these steps:
- In MyCAREER Mode, access the 2K Nav menu
- Select "MyPLAYER LAB"
- Then select "Equip Animations" or "Equip Animations"
- In either menu, scroll down to "Gameplay Moves"
- Choose "Dunks and Layups"
- Select either "NBA" or "Park"
- Select the dunk package you'd like to equip (some will be available immediately, some you might have to spend VC on in the 2K Sports Store) and assign it to the appropriate Dunk Package Slot.
- Exit out through the menus and be sure to save the changes to your MyPLAYER