We know you've probably got a bunch of questions about the recently-revealed NBA 2K League. As a result, we've compiled a list of common questions and put together some answers below.
You can visit the official 2K League site if you want to learn more about the League.
What is the NBA 2K League?
- The NBA 2K League is a joint venture between the NBA and Take Two Interactive, publishers of NBA 2K. It's a professional eSports league featuring the best 2K players in the world.
How can I try out for the League?
- The NBA 2K League Qualifier will take place in January and will be the first step towards getting an invitation to our second stage of tryouts in February. The first stage of qualifying for the NBA 2K League will take place from January 1-31, 2018. Players need to win 50 games in NBA 2K18’s Pro-Am mode and complete an online application by January 31. The January qualifying stage is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and is 18 or older. Players can compete as a walk-on, part of a team or a combination of both.
- NOTE: PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are the only eligible platforms for the league. PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 are not eligible platform.
When is the season? How will it work?
- The inaugural season tips off in May 2018 and will run through August 2018. Prior to the season beginning, there will be tryouts in February and a draft in March.
What is the age requirement to play in the League?
- All players will need to be at least 18 years-old to participate in the tryout and be drafted to the league.
How many teams are participating?
- There are 17 NBA teams participating in the inaugural season.
How are games played?
- Each NBA 2K League team will feature players competing as unique characters in 5v5 gameplay.
Will the games be broadcast?
- Yes, games will be available to watch and the league is currently in media rights discussions.