As you might have noticed, we've recently announced that Sid Meier's Civilization VI is coming to iOS. You undoubtedly have some questions about that, so we've put together a list of frequently-asked questions to help keep you informed.
Which iPads does this work on?
- Civilization VI requires iOS 11.1.2 on an iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, or any iPad Pro.
How do the touch controls differ from PC?
- The touch controls work in the following ways:
- Tapping units selects them. Dragging a unit to a tile will move and attack.
- Press and hold to view tooltips.
- Pinch to zoom the map.
- Single-finger scrolling works on lists and moving the map.
- Three-finger tapping can be used to close menus.
Is Civilization VI coming to Android or iPhone?
- As of today, Civilization VI is only available on iPad. However, we are continuing to evaluate opportunities to eventually bring Civilization VI to other platforms.
How long does the battery last?
- In our tests, the battery lasts more than three hours of gameplay on a full charge.
Are controllers supported?
What languages are supported at release?
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese. Brazilian-Portuguese features text-only support.
Does Civilization VI on iPad have multiplayer?
- Yes. It is important to note that as of this point, multiplayer is LAN only.
What content is included with Civilization VI on iPad?
- Civilization VI on iPad includes the original base game. It does not include DLC or the Rise and Fall expansion.
What about DLC or the new Rise and Fall expansion?
- We hope to support DLC and expansions in the future but cannot confirm timing or availability at this time.
Can I play my friend who is on PC/ Mac while on my iPad?
- Not at this time.
If you have any additional questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reach out to as at support.aspyr.com.