You got your PlayStation 4 Edition of a 2K game in hand, and you have your PlayStation 5 fired up and ready to go, so how do you make sure you can start up on both PS4 and PS5?
We've got a quick walkthrough ready for you, but the order of these steps is key to getting the free upgrade and playing the PS5 version of the game.
The PlayStation 4 Disc to PlayStation 5 Digital upgrade requires the following steps in this order:
- If you buy a PS4 copy of an edition that includes PS5 in a retail store you will receive:
- A PS4 disc with the PS4 version of the game
- An insert with a voucher to get all the extra content and the instructions to get the PS5 digital version of the game
- You will then redeem the voucher in the PlayStation Store using your PSN account, either on a PS4 console, a PS5 console, or the webstore
- To use the webstore visit https://store.playstation.com/
- After logging in select your icon in the upper right corner
- Choose 'Redeem Code' from the dropdown menu
- Next insert the PS4 disc into a PS5 console where you are logged in with your PSN account
- NOTE: Make sure that it is a PS4 disc in a PS5 console
- After that is done you will be guided to the upgrade option in the Game Hub, this will get you the PS5 Digital version of the game with the prompt “You are eligible for a free upgrade…”
- Once the upgrade is complete, you must have the PS4 disc always inserted in the PS5 console to be able to play the PS5 version of the game - don't lose it!