5.1 sound reverting to 2 speaker with SB Audigy & WinXP
I have Windows XP and a Soundblaster Audigy card. Whenever I start the game, it switches me from my 5.1 speaker setup to 2 speakers.
The latest mafia update will resolve this problem. It can be obtained from: http://take2.metafaq.com/action/category/www.take2games.co.uk or http://www.take2games.com/ depending on the version of the game in use
Alternatively there is a workaround for the speakers reverting back to the 2 Stereo Speaker while using a Creative Audigy Sound card. to do it, here's a few steps:
- Right click on the Mafia Shortcut on the desktop and left click on properties.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- On this screen you will see a check box for Run With Different Credentials that should be unchecked by default.
- Check this box and then click apply. Click OK.
Make sure the settings on the system for the speaker setup are correct for your speaker configuration.
- In Windows itself go to the Control Panel, Sound and Multimedia.
- Click on the Audio tab and then on the Advanced button in the Playback section.
- Set the speakers so they represent what your actual speaker setup.
- Click OK until you are back to the Control Panel and then close that.
- Launch the game and then click on OK on the next dialog box.
Basically this should prevent the changing of the system speaker setup when the game launches; thereby preserving the settings you have chosen.