When installing from my retail disc Steam is starting a large download
If you are installing Civilization V from a retail disc but the game starts to download instead of installing from the disc, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Steam client if it is not already
- Locate your 'Games' list from within the 'Library'
- Righ click on 'Sid Meier's Civilization V' and select 'Delete Local Content...'
- Open 'Computer' from your Start menu, right click on your Civ V DVD and select Open
- Run the 'Setup' application to install the game from the disc
Please note, once fully installed the game will still partially download as the game is updated.