If you're experiencing issues with Civilization 5 after the 6/14/2012 patch, please try the following troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue.
- Make sure all drivers are up to date for your PC, specifically your graphics card drivers. Running the game on old graphics card drivers can cause a wide variety of problems.
- Make sure you have the most recent version of DirectX installed.
- Delete the files in the following folder: \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\. As well as config.ini, GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini and GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini in \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\
- Right click on the game in Steam, select properties, select local files, and select “Verify Integrity of Game Cache…”
• While troubleshooting, try disabling any mods that are currently active; especially after the patch, some more intensive mods that haven’t caught up to the updates may cause issues for general gameplay.