When trying to uninstall or reinstall the game, I receive an error message, or it tells me the game is already installed. Here's a few helpful steps to try:
- Insert the game's install CD in the drive:
- Double click on my computer
- Right click on the CD drive containing the game and choose explore
- Check the disc for a setup.exe file and double click on it
- This should start the install wizard and prompt you to uninstall the game.
If you continue to experience issues:
- Open My Computer then open the Local Disk (C:)
- Open the program files folder.
- Click on the tools menu then choose folder options
- Click on the view tab and tick the box labelled "show hidden files and folders". Press OK
- Open the installshield installation information folder
- Search for a folder named:
- Right click on the folder and choose rename.
- Press the End key on the keyboard and type the word OLD.
- Press the enter key.
- At this point, refer to the manual for installation instructions.
This will replace and overwrite any missing components that were preventing the game from being uninstalled or reinstalled normally.