Where can I download the Stronghold 2 patch and what does it change?
The game features an autopatch feature, prompting you to download and install the patch on launching. If, however the game is blocked by a firewall or router, the patch can be obtained from the links below:
For US versions of the game: Click here
For European version of the game: Click here
For European Deluxe edition: Click here
- 8 New Historical Castles - Including Windsor in England, The Heuneburg in Germany and Fougères in France
- 3 New AI Players - The Queen, the Bishop and Noble Sir Grey
- 4 New Kingmaker Maps - Including maps based on Europe and Korea
- 'The Conquest Trail' - A whole new game mode where you must battle through a collection of Europe's mightiest castles!
- Pheasant hunting less productive but deer hunting more productive.
- Apple Farms more productive.
- Dairy Farms more productive.
- Pitch production now twice as productive.
- Crossbowmen's firing range and shot damage increased.
- Knights cost more to build.
- Axe throwers now less effective against metal armor.
- Assassins not effected by traps - invisible at closer range.
- Monasteries cost less to build and provide more honor.
- Gong Farmers or Falconers are no longer affected by crime.
- Towers are more expensive to build.
- Gatehouses cost a little more to build.
- Statues provide less honour.
- Tunneling range reduced.
- Cannot now tunnel under water.
- Moat costs reduced.
- Rock throwers and baskets now have triple damage.
- The range of burning logs has been halved.
- Torture devices now give honour every month
- Various gameplay and movement code optimizations.
- Fixed occasional crash in War Chapter 4 and 6.
- Fixed a crash when selecting the map type in editor.
- All objects in editor can now be deleted
- Fixed crash to desktop experienced playing War Chapter 4 and 6.
- Fixed issues with knights mounting horses.
- Fixed controlling gatehouses bug.
- Fixed pitch workers turning to crime bug.
- Fixed invisible outlaws bug.
- Fixed Lord walking on keep bug.
- Fixed speech when placing pitch.
- Fixed rocks sticking through buildings.
- Fixed stone tippers on walls bug.
- Fixed catapults not firing stone bug.
- Fixed mangonels firing at long range bug.
- Rock baskets can now be placed on towers and gatehouses.
- Honor from punishments is now displayed in the interface.
- Stopping carter post now refunds goods.
- Various other bug fixes.