Hey there heroes!
We've collected some of the questions and error messages you have and provided the answers below:
How do I import characters from the original campaign into my game?
- Before converting the heroes into Broken World, please note that once converted, the characters will not be usable in the base game.
- If you wish to convert a hero, load Broken World. From the main menu goto "Single Player".
- This gives three options "Create New Hero", "Delete Hero", "Convert Hero".
- Select "Convert Hero".
- This will show the heroes that Broken World can detect from the original game. Select your hero using the left and right arrows, then press "Convert"
- Clicking Convert will not give you any confirmation on screen that it was successful, however the next screen will allow you to see your old hero alongside the new heroes in Broken World.
- You will now be able to click on "Next" to move into the game with your converted hero.
- If it shows no heroes to convert, then please check the folder where the heroes are kept for Dungeon Siege 2:
- "My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2\Save\SinglePlayer"
- Make sure this has a folder with the name of your hero. If this folder is not found, then Dungeon Siege 2 is saving your heroes in a none default location. You will need to move the heroes folders to this location and repeat the process.
Is it possible to play multiplayer Broken World against those playing the base version of Dungeon Siege 2?
- Upon release, Broken World is v2.3 of Dungeon Siege 2, and the multiplayer system is designed to only allow you to see and select games that have the same version.
- If you want to play people who don't have Broken World, you can still launch Dungeon Siege 2 directly using the original shortcut.
I'm receiving "DBGhelp.dll error" upon launching the game.
- To fix this problem you need to copy a file from the install of Dungeon Siege 2 into the Broken World folder.
- Copy "C:\program files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege 2\dev\dbghelp.dll" into "C:\program files\2K Games\Dungeon Siege 2 Broken World"
Error: "file is missing or corrupt (MSS32.dll or Binkw32.dll)"
- Copy the version of the file installed with the game over the existing version on your system. Browse to the game's installation folder. By default this is:
- "C:\program files\2kgames\Dungeon Siege 2 Broken World"
- Find the file here with the name mentioned in the error message. Right click on the file and select Copy.
- Next goto the "Start" button --> "Run". Type in '%systemroot%'
- When the new box appears goto "Edit" --> "Paste" and copy the file into here.
- Reboot the system, then the game should work.