The DXDiag and MSinfo files provide a written, comprehensive view of your hardware, system components, and software environments. Providing these files to our agents can expedite the support process by giving us information about what your PC setup is like.
To create the DxDiag.txt
- Go to Start > Run and type 'dxdiag' (without quotes please) in the 'Open' field and press OK button
- Wait for 'green' progress bar to finish loading and then press the 'Save All Information...'’ button
- Name the file with some useful info, like your name and the date, and save it where you can find it, like the Desktop, by pressing the 'Save' button
- Press the 'Exit' button to quit this application
Export a MSInfo report:
- Go to Start > Run and type 'msinfo32' (without quotes please) in the 'Open' field and press OK button
- NOTE: Please make sure that both "search selected category only" and "search category names only" are not checked.
Directly Adding to Support Ticket:
- Adding files directly to your ticket is pretty simple. When you initially file your help request, there's an option at the bottom of the screen to add an attachment.
- Just click on the "Add File" text to do so.
- In every email you receive from 2K Support, there's a link to your ticket (following this text: "If you want to review the status of this request and/or add additional comments, simply follow the link below. You may also respond directly to this email; your comments will be added to the ticket").
- If you go to that link, click on the support ticket and then the "Add File" link at the bottom of the screen.
Be sure to include a detailed description of the problem you are having and the text of any detailed error messages that appear.
It will also help us if you can send a screenshot of the error message with the created files.