Upgrade your version of BioShock with the 1.1 update, this update provides a number of changes and additional content (details below).
Upgrade BioShock to v1.1 with this patch.
v1.1 Patch - Worldwide Retail (27MB)
v1.1 Patch - USK German and English (27MB)
NOTE: If you purchased a digital distribution copy of BioShock (i.e. from Direct2Drive, Steam, or other), do NOT install this patch. Please go to the site you downloaded BioShock from to receive a version of this patch modified to work with your version.
- Added compatibility with Matrox TripleHead2Go - Allows Bioshock users to play in Surround Gaming Mode across 3 screens simultaneously
- Added rendering support for TripleHead2Go
- Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2
- Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty.
- Changed behavior of subtitles so that inappropriate queuing is improved
- Added support for a walk toggle keybind
- Added Horizontal FOV Lock option
- Atlas VO volume increased for German releases
- Re-added the Human Inferno tonic which was missing from the retail release.
- Fixed mouse acceleration issues
- Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly on occasion
- Fix for a potential situation in Fort Frolic where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar
- Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio
- Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista
- Fixed issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death
- Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware
- The "Use Creative EAX Audio" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present
- Fixed audio issues stemming from having a Speaker Setting in Windows that was invalid for the current sound card
- Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound
- Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind
- Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context
- Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs
- Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a Mimic
- Fixed refresh rate being locked at 60hz in DX10 mode
- Fixed VSync disabling in DX10 mode