A patch has been released to address some performance issues on certain PC hardware configurations. Please see below for more details about this update.
CHANGES INCLUDED IN PATCH 4
- Improvements to help reduce frame-rate "hitching" or "stuttering" that may occur when playing the game on some hardware configurations.
- NOTE: Frame-rate consistency is best when playing with the Graphics Option titled "Lock Framerate" set to ON (i.e. v-sync enabled).
- NOTE: Users should now have all options available to them. However, playing on extremely high resolutions and/or detail levels can result in texture artifacts if the video card does not have enough video RAM to fully satisfy the memory requirements of that configuration. If this occurs, reducing resolution, graphics quality, and/or texture detail may help alleviate these artifacts.
- NOTE: This may cause changes to mouse sensitivity for existing players, requiring them to re-adjust sensitivity.
HOW TO SWITCH BACK TO PATCH 3:
In the event that this update is unstable for you and you wish to switch back to the previous version of the game ("patch 3"), here is how to do so:
- Exit and then re-start your Steam client.
- Right click on BioShock Infinite in your Steam library and select "Properties"
- In the Properties dialog that opens, click on the "Betas" tab
- In the drop-down menu, select "version_patch_3"
- Click the "Close" button