How Do I Dunk?
A recurring question we’ve received regarding NBA 2K14 is how to dunk. Below is a quick guide:
- Lace up your favorite pair of basketball shoes and grab your controller.
- On Offense, hold down R2 (PS4) or the Right Trigger (XB1), then move the Right Stick on the controller. Using the Left Stick, move your player toward the basket.
- This activates your character’s turbo sprint and modifies both the shot button (Square on the PS4 or X on the XB1) and Shot Stick.
- While moving toward the basket, move the Right Stick in any direction to dunk.
- Tapping the Right Stick will cause you to dribble.
- Holding the Right Stick in any direction initiates a dunk.
- Initiating a dunk is only part of the process, though! In order to attempt a dunk, you need to be moving towards the basket (unless your Standing Dunk rating is maxed-out and you have any Dunk Package equipped.
- Additionally, attempting a dunk requires a clear path, meaning another character can’t be between you and the basket.
- Because there's an exception to every rule, though: Some dunkers do have the ability to dunk over defenders standing close the basket.
NOTE: If you want to make a dunk, you need to have a high enough dunk rating to add a “Dunk Package” to your character.
- If you don’t have a high enough dunk rating, you won’t have a package available.
- To edit your character's Dunk Package, follow these steps:
- Access the main menu in MyCAREER Mode
- Bring up the Player Upgrades Menu
- Select Animations
- Within the Animations menu, scroll over to Animation Upgrades
- On this screen, you can purchase and equip one of the Dunk Packages to your character.
- Each Dunk Package has a required skill level necessary to unlock, it will tell you if you have the necessary skill level to do so.
- Another set of Dunk Packages are only available within certain parks, unlocking dunks specific to the park itself.
- In order to unlock those specific Dunk Packages, access the Park Upgrades screen (within the the Animations menu)
- From here, you can unlock and equip park-exclusive Dunk Packages that will take priority over your other dunks.