We're aware that the latest update for Borderlands may cause some players' copy of the game to crash when the application starts.
The dev team believes this is limited to players who altered an INI file before the update. If these didn’t update correctly they will actually have some GameSpy related settings saved in the INI file. This typically has an error about “Cant find gamespy.oss”
Even small things like mouse smoothing, VSYNC are in the game, but NOT part of the in-game options. Thus, an INI edit is required.
- Delete the INI in the following location:
- Win 8/7/Vista
- C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\my games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
- C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
- NOTE: There are several INI files in the "My Documents" Config folder. You should delete the entire folder.
- You should also delete the entire default config folder in here – Default location:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config
- Right Click Borderlands in your Steam Library
- Select Properties and then navigate to the "Local Files" Tab.
- Click "Verify Integrity of game cache."
- Bear in mind, these adjustments are not supported by 2K or Gearbox. Use them at your own risk.