Listen up, Commander.
XCOM: Enemy Within is now out for mobile devices, which means the alien invasion's spread that much further. It's up to you to take the battle against this menace on the go, but we know you've also got questions before you agree to fight the good fight.
We've put together this post to answer the most frequently-asked questions about XCOM: Enemy Within and will update it if necessary.
How much will XCOM: Enemy Within cost?
- XCOM: Enemy Within will cost $12.99
What platforms will the game be available for?
- XCOM: Enemy Within will be available for Android, iOS, and Amazon Kindle/Fire Phone.
What devices will support XCOM: Enemy Within?
- You can check to see if your Android device is supported for XCOM: Enemy Within on the game’s page at the Google Play Store. On iOS, the short version is that the game will support the iPad 3 (AKA “The New iPad”) and newer devices. For Amazon devices, the Kindle Fire HDX and Fire Phone will be supported.
- A more detailed list of supported devices and operating systems can be found below:
- iPhone 5 and above
- iPad 3 and above
- Mini 2 and above
- iOS 6.0 and above
- Android 4.0 and above
Will my saves transfer from XCOM: Enemy Unknown to XCOM: Enemy Within?
- No, save games are not compatible between versions.
If someone already owns XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Mobile, will they receive this game for free or at a discount?
- No discount will be provided.
What changes were made in porting the game to mobile?
- This version of XCOM: Enemy Within will include the latest patches for the PC version of the game, but it will not include the “Slingshot” or “Elite Soldier Pack” DLC packs or the “Operation Progeny” mission. Additionally, level maps have been reduced.
Will the game have multiplayer in its mobile form?
- Yes! Multiplayer over the internet will be available on both Google Play and iOS, but not on Amazon.
What are the differences between XCOM:Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within?
- Although the plot and gameplay of XCOM: Enemy Unknown is largely unchanged, there are several new features in XCOM: Enemy Within.
- New Soldier Abilities: Build new base facilities to unlock unearthly new capabilities for XCOM’s soldiers. The Genetics Lab will allow soldiers to receive powerful genetic modifications, and the Cybernetics Lab allows soldiers to use devastating mechanized cybersuits in battle.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry.
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield, research a new technology to unlock its power, and use it carefully back at base to unlock new upgrades and weaponry.
- New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plot-driven missions.
- New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create custom squads from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches via Google Play and Apple Game Center only.