One of the questions we've repeatedly been asked is "What game modes will be available in Evolve?" The time has come to pull the covers off! We have all the different modes listed below.
Now, before we go any further, there's something that should be said: Evolve is rather unique compared to other games, as all of the game's content is playable solo and offline. If you want to play the game solo, Evacuation is probably the best way to do so, as it lets players experience all the content in Evolve in a single overall setting.
Evacuation provides a dynamic story campaign where all game modes are played and the environment is affected by winning and losing. Hunters work to ensure the maximum amount of colonists can evacuate Shear before final ship before it takes off.
- The outcome of each Hunt changes the way future maps play. For example: If Hunters defeat the Monster while it's in the Aviary map, the planet's bird population increases and will make it easier to track the Monster's movements in future missions. If the Monster wins, predatory Phantoms are released and will increase odds of hostile encounters for the Hunters
- Hunters are called in to eliminate a single Monster. The Monster flees, kills wildlife, and eats to gain energy so it can stage up. The Hunters aim to track, trap and kill the monster before it gets too big. The round ends when one team is eliminated, or the Monster evolves to Stage 3 and destroys the power relay.
- The Hunters have been called in to destroy Monster eggs that have been discovered in the area. The Alpha Monster must defend the eggs and can even hatch one to gain a Goliath minion to fight at its side. The round ends when one team is eliminated, or all of the eggs and minion are destroyed.
- The Hunters are called in for a search and rescue mission. A Monster has attacked the facility and is still in the area, and groups of colonists have fled into the wilderness. Hunters need to locate, revive and lead each group of survivors to a rescue shuttle. The round ends when the majority of survivors have been either rescued or killed.
- The transport ship is loaded with civilians and fueling up. A horde of Goliath minions led by a Stage 3 Alpha Monster attempts to destroy the fuel pad, which is protected by two reinforced walls, each powered by a generator. The hunters defend the generators and fuel pad until the ship can finish fueling. If the ship finishes fueling or the Alpha Monster is killed, the Hunters win. If the generators and fuel pad are destroyed, the Monster wins.
Evolve will ship with 16 different maps that span four unique biomes: forest, desert, acid and ice. 12 of these maps can be played in Hunt, Nest, and Rescue modes. Four additional maps were built specifically for Defend mode.