Hi there, Hunters!
You probably saw the news that we've recently launched a new gameplay type in Evolve called "Arena Mode." If you missed the announcement: There's a new gameplay type in Evolve. It's called "Arena Mode."
So what is Arena Mode and how does it work? Glad you asked. The short version is that this mode effectively gives players the option to eschew the cat-and-mouse gameplay of Evolve's other modes and jump straight into a pitched battle.
- Arena Mode is completely free on all platforms.
- In Arena Mode, a team of four Hunters and a Monster battle to the death in intense, best-of-three matches set in fixed arenas.
- In Arena Mode, five fixed arenas are placed on 14 of Evolve’s maps (for a total of 70 locations).
- A Stage 2 Monster player spawns into an arena against a team of four Hunters, and the two sides immediately battle to the death.
- The round ends when the Monster or the team of Hunters is eliminated, and the next round takes place in a new fixed arena on the same map.
- The first side to win two rounds is victorious in the best-of-three Arena Mode match.
Those are the basics, here are the nitty-gritty details:
- All Hunters and the Monster begin each Arena Mode match with one perk. Monsters begin at Stage 2 with full health and 50% armor.
- Monsters can feed on wildlife in battle to regain armor and even evolve to Stage 3, though the size of the mobile arena makes this a tough task.
- There is no dropship timer; once a Hunter dies in battle, they’re out until the next battle.
- Trappers lose the use of their mobile arena, since each map takes place inside of one. The arena will not go down if/when the Trapper is incapacitated.
- Players can’t change their character or perk selections between rounds, but Monster players can change their abilities.