Attention, Vault Hunters!
You've got Borderlands 2 questions? Well, we have some sexy Borderlands 2 answers. Check them out below:
What's in the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack?
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlescent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
How do I access DLC in "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep?"
- After you have installed the required update and downloadable content, you must complete the mission "My First Gun" in Windshear Waste, if you have not already done so. After completing this mission, Unassuming Docks will appear in the Fast Travel System.
- NOTE: Your character must be at least level 30 before progressing in Assault on Dragon Keep.
Can the enemies in Dragon Keep level up?
- In Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, there is a specific enemy type that levels up similar to the Goliath. Be sure to defeat them quickly! The users in the Gearbox forums may have additional insight on these areas.
I'm not able to progress past a certain point in Dragon Keep. What's going on?
- In Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, there are certain areas where you must defeat all the enemies in order to progress. Once all enemies have been defeated, a new path will become available. The users in the Gearbox forums may have additional insight on these areas.
In Dragon Keep, I'm not able to get a Second Wind when I kill an enemy. What's up with that?
- In Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, there are specific enemies that cannot be defeated for Second Wind. The users in the Gearbox forums may have additional insight on these areas.
How does Roid Damage work with Krieg?
- Roid damage is handled a bit differently for Krieg than you may expect (particularly when it comes to his Action Skill) to better support the gameplay goals the team had in mind when designing him.
- Krieg's Action Skill uses a custom damage formula that adds Roid damage after the multiplier from the action skill. Skills that give a bonus to melee damage (Empty Rage, Silence the Voices) is applied the Roid damage like other modifiers.
- This change was required to keep Krieg balanced while using Roid shields. Prior to the change, Krieg's power level could vary wildly depending on equipment such as a Roid shield. Had this calculation bonus not been changed for Krieg, his overall power level would have been made much lower to compensate and his play styles would not be nearly as satisfying an experience.
I'm having trouble with the disc-version of the Add-On Pack. Who do I contact?
- If you’re having trouble with the Borderlands 2 Add-On Content Pack (disc release) on Xbox 360, please contact 2K Support with the details of your issue.
How do I access the DLC "Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty?"
- After you have installed the required update and downloadable content, you must complete the mission "My First Gun" in Windshear Waste, if you have not already done so. After completing this mission, Oasis will appear in the Fast Travel System.
I'm receiving the following error message: "Connection Failed. The connection to the host failed. You cannot join the game session." What's going on?
- In most cases, this is the incorrect message. The message should state that the game session the player is attempting to join is full. Joining a new match with empty slots should allow you to successfully join a match.
- If you continue to have issues connecting to multiplayer matches, please consult this networking troubleshooting.
I'm getting stuck in and/or falling through the game's terrain. Help!
- We are aware of a variety of geometry issues in Borderlands 2, and have received some reports of players getting trapped on the terrain, or falling through the ground. Depending on the location, players may be able to walk under the terrain, or may fall forever. If you do get stuck, the simplest workaround would be to reload your game, which should spawn you at the closest fast travel location.
How does Mission Fast Forward work in Co-Op?
- Borderlands 2 features a “Mission Fast-Forward Function” which enables players to play together despite any variance in game progress.
- This feature allows a player to join the game of someone who’s further in the story than they are and complete missions with them even if they haven’t reached that point in their own play-through. For example, if player A wants to join player B who has already reached a further area, the game places player A at the same point as player B, automatically bypassing the previous areas in order to allow the two players to play together.
- Once player A returns to their own game, they start at the furthest contiguous mission progress point of their single player game. When player A reaches the missions they have already fully or partially completed through cooperative play, they will receive a prompt and have the option to either play through them again to gain extra experience and loot or to skip them completely and forge ahead.
- This function will not give players any experience or loot for skipped sections they would have otherwise gained but the players can still make these gains through combat while completing mission objectives, as well as earn credit towards challenges.
Why do I keep seeing a "Connection Lost" message appears when joining a public match?
- In some cases, players may receive an erroneous "Connection Lost" message when joining a public multiplayer match. Most of the time, this occurs when the player has attempted to join a match that is already full. Joining a new match with empty slots should allow you to successfully join a match.
- If you continue to have issues connecting to multiplayer matches, please consult our guide to networking troubleshooting.
When playing split-screen, the game isn't saving the second player's data. What's going on?
- For split-screen, it is highly recommended that each player sign-in to their own system account. This will allow progress for both players to be saved.
- If Player 2 is signed in a as a guest, the 2nd player's challenge progress, Badass Rank, and stash will NOT be saved—only the character itself.
I'm having an issue where my mouse/keyboard inputs are looping. Can you help?
- If any peripherals, including mouse, keyboard or controller, are unplugged while one of the buttons are held down, that button may continue to loop. If you experience this issue, please try restarting the game, and the issue should be resolved.
I'm stuck in Iron Sight/Weapon Aim view. Help!
When playing Borderlands 2, players have the option to toggle Weapon Aim On or Off. This function sets your Iron Sight to be active only when the aiming key/button is pressed, or to keep it locked with the click/press of a button. You can toggle Weapon Aim on or off by doing the following:
- Pause Game
- Select "Options"
- Select "Gameplay"
- Set "Weapon Aim Toggle" to On/Off
Elemental damage isn't applying to bladed weapons when I use melee attacks. What's up?
- There appears to be some confusion about the tooltip for certain bladed elemental weapons. The Damage over Time (DoT) elemental damage of a bladed elemental weapon is not applied to the melee damage of the bladed attack, which displays the elemental effect along its blade.
I'm unable to find the "Upload Samples to Angel" waypoint. Where is it?
- For some players, the waypoint for "Upload Samples to Angel" may not correctly navigate the player to the kiosk on one of the sublevels. It should show the elevation so the player understands they are in the correct location but just needs to look at a lower level, but does not. To find the waypoint, you will have to navigate downwards to one of the sublevels.
Where can I find Michael Mamaril?
- Michael Mamaril is a fellow Vault Hunter and non-player character that can be found in Sanctuary. He spawns in specific locations around Sanctuary and meant to be very rare.
- The users in the Gearbox forums may have additional insight on how to find Michael Mamaril.
Enemies are not spawning in online co-op. What's going on?
- The team is aware of an issue where enemies are not spawning, or are spawning in fewer than intended numbers, when the client ventures too far from the host. This issue has been known to cause problems for some players during the Southern Shelf "Best Minion Ever" mission. The best workaround for those experiencing this issue is to have the client players move closer to the host player in-game
Axton's turret does not deploy but goes on cooldown. What's up?
- This issue may be caused by the turret spawning under the terrain. In this case, you may be able to cancel the turret to speed up the cooldown.
I'm hosting a game, so why am I unable to join the match?
- In certain cases, the host of a match is unable to join his or her own game, while the clients are allowed to join. The majority of the time, this occurs when the player has attempted to join a match that is already full. Borderlands 2 has a player cap of four characters, including the host, although in some cases there may be more than four in the lobby. For the host to join, the extra players will have to exit or be removed from the lobby in order for the host to join the match.
- If you continue to have issues connecting to multiplayer matches, please consult the following networking troubleshooting: http://support.2k.com/entries/21980042-general-networking-troubleshooting
In a multiplayer game on PS3, I'm unable to join. Any advice?
- Borderlands 2 only allows for 4 players, but the PS3 allows for 6. We have received reports of the game becoming unresponsive if the player's controller is set to a node higher than 4. To enter the game, try assigning the controller to number 1, 2, 3 or 4.
Borderlands 2 is crashing when I switch profiles while playing the game in split-screen. What's going on?
- In some cases, Borderlands 2 may crash when a player switches Xbox Live profiles mid-game when playing split-screen. The game will crash if Cloud Storage is enabled and quadrant 2 signs into a fresh Xbox LIVE profile while quadrant 1 is in active gameplay.
- If Cloud Storage is enabled, try exiting the game session before switching profiles and the game should not crash.
I'm hosting a private game, but public players are able to join. Any suggestions on how to solve this?
- In certain cases, players may be able join Private Matches (Invite Only), after the host switches the game from public to private.
- If you are experiencing this issue, try closing your current session and returning to the main menu. Then adjust which types of players that you would like to play with under Network Options prior to creating a match.
When playing on the PS3, why is the second player in split-screen co-op unable to earn trophies?
- On the PS3, only 1 PSN account is allowed on the box. Two separate profiles within that account are used for split-screen, but the second profile is essentially a guest account on the other. The second player of the split-screen game will not earn trophies as they are tied to the primary PSN account. Unfortunately, this is the intended functionality of the PS3, and is in line with the way that the PS3 processes and awards trophies. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Why are audio communications only working 1 way on Xbox Live?
- In some cases, audio communications may only work one-way on the Xbox console when playing multiplayer online. The user on console B is able to hear the user on console A, but not the other way around. This typically occurs if a player has their Xbox communication privileges set to "Friends Only", and are signed in on an inactive quadrant. This issue should be resolved by either moving to the primary quadrant, or setting voice settings to "Everyone".
- Information about Xbox 360 Privacy Settings can be found here.
Why isn't the "Went Five Rounds" achievement being awarded?
- As the name implies, players are required to complete all five rounds of a single Circle of Slaughter in order to receive the achievement "Went Five Rounds. If a player joins a multiplayer session already in progress, it may be possible to complete the "Bandit Slaughter: Round 5" objective without having completed all five rounds, but all five rounds would have to be completed in order to receive the achievement.
What's making the textures flicker in my game?
- In some cases, the geometry may not line up perfectly, which can cause what is known as "Z-Fighting", which appears as texture flickering in the game world.
- In some cases, the issue may be remedied, or at least minimized, by updating your graphics card to the most recent drivers. You can find the drivers for ATI here and Nvidia here.
I can't complete the "Survive Initiation" mission. What's happening?
- In some cases, the Badass Goliath may enrage and gain levels by killing other enemies. After the creature levels up five times, the encounter may become unreasonably difficult to complete. If you do run into this issue, you should be able to reset the encounter by exiting the game and reloading from the last checkpoint.
The game fails to install correctly on PC due to space limitations. Any suggestions?
- Borderlands 2 will fail to install when the amount of available disk space matches the total amount required on Steam. If the user has exactly 10GB of space (the amount shown to be required), the game will fail to install due to a matter of a small additional amount of space being required. The Steam Installer shows one less megabyte than is required for the game. If you are having issues installing the game due to space, try clearing up a few GB of space and try again.