A recurring question we’ve received regarding NBA 2K16 is how to dunk. Below is a quick guide:
- Lace up your favorite pair of basketball shoes and grab your controller.
- On Offense, hold down R2 (PS4) or the Right Trigger (XB1), then move the Right Stick on the controller. Using the Left Stick, move your player toward the basket.
- This activates your character’s turbo sprint and modifies both the shot button (Square on the PS4 or X on the XB1) and Shot Stick.
- While moving toward the basket, move the Right Stick in any direction to dunk.
- Tapping the Right Stick will cause you to dribble.
- Holding the Right Stick in any direction initiates a dunk.
- Initiating a dunk is only part of the process, though! In order to attempt a dunk, you need to be moving towards the basket (unless your Standing Dunk rating is maxed-out and you have any Dunk Package equipped.
- Additionally, attempting a dunk requires a clear path, meaning another character can’t be between you and the basket.
- Because there's an exception to every rule, though: Some dunkers do have the ability to dunk over defenders standing close the basket.
NOTE: If you want to make a dunk, you need to have a dunk animation equipped.
- To edit your character's dunk animation, follow these steps:
- In MyCAREER Mode, access the 2K Nav menu from MyCourt
- Select "Player Upgrades"
- Then select "NBA Animations"
- From here, use the bumper/trigger buttons to navigate to "Dunks"
- Select the animation you'd like to equip (you might have to spend VC in order to unlock the animation you want).
- Once you've selected/unlocked the animation, be sure to equip it.