Welcome to the 2015-2016 basketball season! With the launch of NBA 2K16, you may have some questions about the game and/or its new mechanics. We've listed some common questions and answers below.
We will update this post as we receive more questions about the game.
So I'm new. Is there a gameplay guide I can check out?
- That's great to hear! Welcome to the NBA 2K community! While we don't have a singular gameplay guide, this FAQ has a number of helpful links for you to reference. When it comes to the specific mechanics, we wholeheartedly recommend checking out the in-game guide, "2K University." Additionally, if you head over to Operation Sports, the dev team has assembled some rather informative posts:
I have both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of NBA 2K16. Can I move my Virtual Currency between these versions? How about between Xbox 360 and Xbox One?
- No. Players' Virtual Currency (VC) balances cannot be transferred between any version of NBA 2K16, including across console generations.
How do I practice moves?
- There are two ways to practice moves in NBA 2K16. First, during the MyCAREER mode, you will have access to a practice gym in between games. Second, there are also the scrimmage/freeform modes between games which will allow you to practice and run scrimmages.
Why does my grade go down when a team member turns over the ball?
- Something you did was tied to the ball being turned over. Sometimes the foul called is rather generic and doesn’t specify what caused it to occur, at which point you may need to reference the rules of basketball to better understand what happened.
What’s a good starting position for a new player?
- If you're a new to NBA 2K, think about what kind of player you want to be. If you want to score points, having your character play as either a Point Guard or Shooting Guard will probably suit your style. If you think you'd rather have a defensive player, go with Small Forward, Power Forward, or Center.
How do I skip cutscenes?
- In order to skip a cutscene, you have to have watched the intro with that profile. After you've watched the intro once with that profile, you can skip a cutscene by pressing X (on your PlayStation controller) or A (on your Xbox controller). You'll receive a message asking if you want to skip the scene, but will be able to access them later on.
How do I check Coach Objectives?
- There’s no way to manually check the objective goals set by your coach. They tend to be assigned after a timeout or stoppage of play; However, you will see updates posted as you progress towards the objective. Additionally, these goals will be displayed each time you come onto the court to play in the box on the upper right corner of the screen.
I just received an objective with a term I don't understand. Help!
- The Coach Objectives sometimes use terms that might seem a little confusing to someone who isn't deeply familiar with basketball. If you're at all confused, we suggest checking out Wikipedia's excellent glossary of basketball terms to help you better understand the instructions you've received.
I have tattoos. Can I scan and add them to my MyPLAYER character?
- Unfortunately, no. Unless the tattoo is on your face, there’s no way to scan and add it to your character model. However, tattoos can be purchased and added via the in-game store.
Face scanning doesn't seem to work on Xbox One when I start up the game. What's up?
- The option to scan your face will be enabled in the first update, available October 7th. You must be connected to Xbox Live to receive this update.
I have a PlayStation 3/Xbox 360, but I also have a PlayStation Camera/Kinect hooked up to my console. How come I can't scan my face?
- In order to scan your face, you need to be playing NBA 2K16 on PS4 or Xbox One
Oh, OK. So how do I watch 2K TV when I'm in MyCAREER Mode?
- When you're in MyCOURT, walk over to the corner of the building that has the couches and television. Your character will sit down and you can select to watch the television.
Can I watch the Livin' Da Dream cutscenes later on?
- Yes! When you're in MyCOURT, walk over to the corner of the building that has the couches and television. Your character will sit down and you can select to watch the television. Choose "Past Shows" on the main menu.
I don't like the face I've scanned to my player. Can I delete it?
- There isn't an option to delete a character's face, but you can change it. In order to re-customize your character, follow these instructions:
- Go to the main menu.
- Select Options.
- Choose MyPLAYER.
- Edit your character as you see fit.
- Select "Complete" when you're done.