We are aware that if you installed nVidia’s latest driver (361.91 WHQL), there is an issue with cover icons disappearing in XCOM 2. The team plans on fixing this in an upcoming patch, but a temporary workaround is to disable SLI. Below are details on how to do that.
Steps to disable SLI:
- Open up NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Navigate to 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings.
- Navigate to Program Settings tab.
- Select XCOM 2 for the program to customize
- If XCOM 2 does not show up in your list, click the "Add" button and select XCOM 2 from the list.
- Set "SLI rendering mode" to "Single-GPU."
- To re-enable SLI later on, navigate back to here and set it to "NVIDIA Recommended."