This was originally posted in the 2K Forums.
We’re happy to report a hotfix for XCOM 2 is now available. This update will automatically install when starting the Steam client. If it doesn’t automatically, restart Steam.
This update fixes issues causing known crashes and includes some performance improvements. Saves affected by the crashes detailed below can be recovered and continued after installing the update.
We will continue our patch support over the coming months with additional fixes and performance updates. It is important to the team that we address the issues below as soon as possible so fans can get back to enjoying the game. Stay tuned for more information on future updates!
XCOM 2 Patch Notes
- Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
- Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
- Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
- Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
- Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.