Have you tried logging into your account only to encounter this error message?
"This feature is unavailable. You do not have the required account privileges."
If so, don’t worry, we have some suggestions that should get you back on the courts in no time!
First thing to note: Do you have Xbox Live Gold?
Xbox Live Gold is required to play in all online functions with NBA 2K16, thus not having Gold might explain your issue.
If not, though, additional research shows that this "account privileges" error message can occur on Xbox when there are restrictions set in place in the Xbox Dashboard. It is usually because players have a privacy and online setting that might be set to "Block" that should be set to "Allow."
- Try changing the specific settings "Share content using Kinect" and "You can see and share content." You need to set these to "Allow" and "Everybody" respectively. Go to your settings and then on the left go to "Privacy and Online Settings". Click on "Customs."
If this wasn't the problem then the problem may be that you have 2 live accounts logged in. If any of those accounts are restricted in any way;
- Try logging out of that account or change the account restrictions in Settings.
A few other helpful steps:
- Try enabling your social network privileges by going to Xbox Live online account privileges in Settings.
- If the problem persists, please refer to the following link explaining how to promote a child account. If you are a child then please ask your parents to help you do this: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/promote-child-account
Finally the last piece of troubleshooting we have to offer for this issue is to
- Try a re-download of your Xbox Live Gamertag here is how to do so:
Start by removing your profile from the console:
- Go to Home screen.
- Press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to the right. Under OTHER PEOPLE, select Remove accounts.
- Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Choose this person.
- Select Remove from this Xbox to confirm.
- When you’re finished, select Close.
Hold the power button on the console until it shuts off then unplug the power cord for 2 minutes. Replug your console in and when the light turns orange on the power bar, turn your console back on.
Once console is restarted, re-download your profile:
- Select Sign in
- Sign into your Gamertag.
- Allow your profile to download.
If you would like any additional information regarding this issue, feel free to contact Xbox Support.