If you want to really get into NBA 2K17, the option to scan your face is once again in the game.
However, unlike the last few entries of NBA 2K, you can't use a PlayStation Camera or Kinect for your Xbox One. Instead, you need the MyNBA2K17 app downloaded onto a compatible iOS or Android device. Then, just follow the instructions below. Before we begin, please take the following advice into consideration for getting the best possible scan.
NOTE: You can only scan your face with the PS4, XB1, and PC versions of NBA 2K17.
Tips for Scanning Your Face
- Make sure your face is in even lighting from the front with as few shadows as possible.
- This is the single biggest cause of bad scans.
- It can be hard to keep your eyes open in direct light. If you need to blink, stop moving your head so the app will not take any pictures at that moment.
- Hold the phone at eye level.
- Many people hold it a few inches too low and point it back up.
- Hold the phone around 18” from your face.
- You don't necessarily need to make your face fill up the outline on the screen.
- Turn your head slowly to a max of 45 degrees.
- Look forward as you turn your head.
- Many people try to stay focused on the phone.
- As you turn your head, make sure you are not just pointing your chin from side to side.
- Many people do this because they are subconsciously trying to keep their eyes on the phone.
How to Scan Your Face
- Make sure you've set up your MyPLAYER account and connected it to both NBA 2K17 and MyNBA2K17.
- In MyNBA2K17, select "Scan Your Face" from the main menu.