This note was originally posted on the 2K Blog.
It’s been four months since we began the Evolve Stage 2 experiment, and in that time the team at Turtle Rock Studios has worked tirelessly to improve and expand the experience. The result is the best, most complete version of Evolve ever. Today, Turtle Rock finishes development on the project and begins to transition day-to-day server operation to 2K, as we take the operation of the Evolve franchise fully in-house.
Evolve Stage 2 will continue to be free-to-play on PC and players can expect the in-game experience to remain the same, as we continue to experiment with the business model. We’ll also continue to evaluate the possibility of bringing the Stage 2 experience to consoles in the future, though right now our focus is on bringing in new players and maintaining the game’s audience on PC.
We’d like to thank Chris Ashton, Phil Robb, and the rest of the Turtle Rock Studios team that have poured their heart and soul into one of the most unique and heart-pounding gaming experiences this industry has ever seen. We couldn’t be more proud of what we’ve accomplished together with Evolve and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Are Evolve Stage 2 servers staying online?
- Yes, Evolve Stage 2 servers will remain online, running the latest version (v2.16) of the game.
Will there be any more updates to the game?
- No future updates are currently planned, as development on Evolve Stage 2 is complete.
What happens to my silver and gold keys?
- Nothing regarding your silver and gold keys changes and both will continue to functions as normal.
Is Stage 2 coming to console?
- 2K will continue to evaluate the possibility of bringing Evolve Stage 2 to console, but maintaining and growing the game’s audience on PC is the primary focus.
Are console servers staying open?
- Yes, everything regarding the console version of Evolve remains the same.
Where can I keep tabs on the latest Evolve news?