Hey there, adventurers!
If you have a question about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, you’ll likely find it answered below.
Where are my saved games stored?
The saved games for Oblivion can be found in the following folder:
- Documents and Settings\*username*\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saved Games
Each saved game has its own file, which follows this naming formula:
- "Saved Game Number" - "Character Name" - "Location" - "level of character" - "playing time".ess
How do I disable the autosave feature?
Changes to the Oblivion.ini file need to be made in order to only allow manual saves. This can be found in Documents and Settings\*username*\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion.
Scroll through the oblivion.ini file and look for these lines:
Each line requires the =1 to be changed to =0
How do I keep Oblivion from detecting and using my joystick/controller?
If your joystick or controller is connected, Oblivion will automatically detect the device.
To keep this from occurring, you can either disconnect your joystick/gamepad before launching Oblivion, or make the following change to the Oblivion.ini file (located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder):
- Open the Oblivion.ini file in Notepad, and find the line "bUse Joystick=1".
- Change the line to read "bUse Joystick= 0".
- Save the file and exit.
- Launch Oblivion.
How do I install and start The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles?
To install The Elder scrolls IV: Shivering isles please do the following:
- You must have the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion installed first.
- Insert the Shivering Isles DVD into your DVD drive.
- Shivering Isles will automatically install. If you have autoplay turned off, run setup.exe from your DVD drive.
- Remove the Shivering Isles DVD and insert your Oblivion DVD to play.
Shivering Isles adds content to your existing Oblivion game. You can either create a new character or load a previous save. After an in-game day has passed, your quest journal will add a quest target leading to the Shivering Isle content.