We understand that some of you might have some inquiries about pre-ordering NBA 2K19. So we've put together a list of frequently asked questions (and their answers) for you below.
If you need more information after reading this, feel free to drop us a line.
I pre-ordered NBA 2K19 from the in-game promo in NBA 2K18, but I didn't receive the discount. What do I do?
- You'll need to cancel the pre-order and re-order it again when the in-game prompt reappears.
I pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition of 2K19 from the 2K18 in-game promo on Xbox One, but I'm still seeing that edition for sale on the Xbox Marketplace (instead of noting that I've pre-ordered it). What's going on?
- In the immortal words of Douglas Adams: Don't panic! This is a known issue, but not one that will affect your order. Check the receipt you received when you placed the order. As long as it says you bought the 20th Anniversary Edition, you'll be able to download the game when early access begins.
Will I be able to get early access to NBA 2K19 if I pre-ordered the Standard Edition.
- No. Only pre-orders of the Anniversary Edition of NBA 2K19 are eligible for early access.
I pre-ordered the Standard Edition of NBA 2K19, but would like to switch to the Anniversary Edition. Is there any way I can upgrade my order?
- The short answer is there's no way to do this without canceling your original order and placing a new one for the version you'd like. You'll have to work with the retailer you purchased the game from to do this.
OK, so if I pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition on PC, will I have early access to the game?
- Yup! Pre-orders of the Anniversary Edition on PC will be playable at the same time its console counterparts are. Just remember, The Prelude will not be playable on PC before NBA 2K19 launches.
I've got multiple consoles. Which ones will have The Prelude available before launch?
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will have The Prelude. Switch will not.
How do I redeem the bonus content in the Anniversary Edition?
- This depends on whether you have a digital or physical version of the game.
- Physical copies will be have a printed code inside the case. Just go ahead and redeem it.
- Digital copies on PC, PS4, and Xbox will have the content automatically bundled into the game. If you bought the Anniversary Edition on Nintendo Switch, then Nintendo will provide you with a Locker Code.
I've redeemed the 20th Anniversary Edition bonus content and would like to transfer them to a different account/MyCAREER file. Is this doable?
- No. If you've redeemed this content, you'll receive the in-game message pictured below. Once you accept and redeem the content, it'll be applied to that MyCAREER file. Your content won't be transferred after.