If you're having any issues with crashes, freezes, or any error messages, check out the following troubleshooting below:
Troubleshooting for Steam:
In order to make sure all of your files on Steam are working as intended, you'll want to verify your game cache. Here's how:
- Load Steam
- From the 'Library' section, right-click on the game you're having trouble with and select "properties" from the menu.
- Select the "Local Files" tab and click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"
- Steam will then match the local files to the cloud files to fix any errors it encounters.
Troubleshooting for Windows:
Once you've verified your Steam files, you'll want to make sure your DirectX and Vcredist is still running smoothly. To do this, you'll want to reinstall both. Here's how to do this:
- In the Steam installation folder of the game you're having problems with, there will typically be a DirectX setup package.
- Example File path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA2K18\ _CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010
- You'll want to find and run DXSETUP.exe.
- Once it finishes, like before, you'll navigate to your game's Steam folder. In it you should see a "Vcredist" folder.
- Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA2K18\ _CommonRedist\vcredist\2012
- You'll want to find and run vcredist_x86.exe as well as vcredist_x64.ex
- Afterwards, there should be a prompt to "Repair" or "Uninstall". You'll want to select "Repair"
- Once it finishes, you can restart your computer.
Updating your Audio and Video Drivers
Most PC issues can be easily resolved by checking to see if your drivers are up-to-date.
- Audio Drivers depend on which iteration of Windows you may have:
- Video drives depend on which manufacturer you have and can be found on their websites:
Accessing your DxDiag and MSinfo
DxDiag and MSinfo are noninvasive files that help our support team see what could have caused a crash or if your computer may not meet the minimum requirements for playing one of our games. To access and send these, you'll want to click on this article which explains in depth how to get both and send it to our support team.