Hey there, Superstars!
We hope you've gotten a good stretch in, because there's never been so much to do in the WWE 2K series! Take a look at every game mode available in WWE 2K19:
- Pick from the full roster of Superstars, match types, and arenas here for competitive exhibition matches.
- This year, you can take customized superstar all the way back to the independents. Work your way up to getting signed to NXT and eventually the main-roster. Take your superstars through matches, brawl outside the ring in various environments. Run-in and attack your rivals. Your hub will serve as your superstars very own social media presence as you will interact with the WWE Universe as well as other superstars.
- You control the WWE Universe as you book matches and create storylines that can last for years. Tournament and King of the Ring integration will now be included as well as improvements to both the Money in the Bank and Power Rankings features.
Debuting in WWE 2K19 is a feature called Towers. In this new mode, players choose WWE Superstars or their MyPLAYERs to compete against a string of WWE Superstar opponents. Each Tower features its own unique theme and is populated by a roster of WWE Superstars across a variety of challenging matches, including different win conditions and fun stipulations.
- Expect to battle dozens of opponents across the entire WWE roster, from NXT Superstars to current champions (and WWE Legends, too).
There are two types of Towers in WWE 2K19 that play differently from one another:
- Gauntlet – In a Gauntlet Tower, players need to complete the Gauntlet entirely in one session. Quitting early or losing a match resets progress back to zero.
- Steps – In a Steps Tower, players climb their way through a Tower – one match at a time and at their own pace.
- Some Towers feature their own set of goals, including challenges like reaching a specific score or simply reaching the end of tower.
- Some matches add an extra layer of depth in the form of Player and Opponent Buffs. A few examples include starting a match with a finisher or an event starting with health in the red.
- Towers features many different match types. While there are plenty of normal one-on-one matches, there can be plenty of surprises from match to match. Here are a few match types that players will come across: Steel Cage, Table, Submission, Iron Man, Falls Count Anywhere and more!
- Players choose a WWE Superstar to compete against a wide range of WWE Superstar opponents across a number challenging Towers. Each Tower has a unique theme focused on showcasing the Roster it includes or pays homage to a specific Match Type.
- Exclusive to 2K Towers, Legends Lore is a feature that highlights the history and accomplishments of all the undeniable WWE Legends featured in WWE 2K19.
AJ Styles Million Dollar Tower
- “The Phenomenal One” is featured in his own high profile Tower. This Tower is not for the weak of heart and will take extra determination and willpower to conquer it in full. Not only are the opponents in this Tower a collection of some of WWE’s finest, but they are also set at higher difficulties. A player’s health does not regenerate between matches. Those who persevere and manage to make it through this gauntlet will be rewarded handsomely.
In MyPLAYER Towers, players will use their MyPLAYERs to battle through Towers crafted to challenge both new and experienced players:
- In addition to set of permanent Towers, players will find unique Daily, Weekly and even Pay-Per-View-based Towers.
- Every day, a new Tower will appear for players to take on, while every week, there will be a new weekly Tower that is a bit longer than the Daily Tower, so be sure to start early.
- Stars earned from these Towers count toward all PPV event and Road to Glory qualifications, so it’s a good idea to tackle these as often as possible;
PPV Towers are active alongside WWE’s PPV schedule. To qualify for these Towers, players will need to meet a specific star requirement. Completing PPV Towers will unlock exclusive Superstar Parts for MyPLAYERs.
- Follow Daniel Bryan through the hours leading up to the biggest match of his (fictional) long-awaited in-ring return in a single-player story mode that combines the classic WWE 2K Showcase mode with the personal storytelling of WWE Network’s WWE 24 & WWE 365 documentaries.
Road to Glory
- In the updated Road to Glory mode, the player will be able to join their favorite Factions and earn their special rewards as they compete against other MyPLAYERS online. In addition, there will be even more ways to earn stars to enter the monthly pay-per-view events when playing other MyPLAYER modes, like MyCAREER and the all-new MyPLAYER Towers mode.
- Create your own Superstars, Entrances, Victory Scenes, Arenas, Move-sets, Videos, Shows, and Championship Belts.
- Download and share created content with other players.
- Play multiplayer matches online as you duke it out with your favorite superstars or host private matches with friends.