Now that WWE 2K19 has launched, we know you probably have some questions. The purpose of this post is to answer the most common questions we're seeing about the game.
We will update this article as appropriate.
What new features are in the game?
- There's a lot of new stuff in the game. The WWE 2K blog has a full breakdown that you can check out.
How do I "recharge" my Stamina?
- Your Stamina automatically regenerates when you are not making offensive or defensive actions. Your Stamina level is represented by bars of various colors; recharging your Stamina will only bring your current bar to its maximum level. You cannot recharge Stamina up to another level.
- MyCAREER is a mode where you create your own custom superstar and go through a full WWE career. While we don’t have any tutorials for basic moves in MyCAREER, gameplay-wise matches act just like they do in other game modes.
Where is all my DLC?
- Not all DLC and Season Pass content is available at launch. We will announce this content as it becomes available.
What is MyCAREER Invasion?
- Your custom Superstar will show up in your friend’s careers. Up to five Superstars created by your friends will be automatically imported to potentially be a part of your MyCAREER (limit one per friend).
How do I pin an opponent so he isn’t always kicking out?
- To pin an opponent to ensure he doesn’t kick out, you must first knock your opponent’s health bar down as far as possible into the red. Pins are especially effective after you perform your signature and finishing maneuvers.
What is a Rope Break?
- If any part of the wrestler being pinned is under, or touching, the ropes around the ring (or has otherwise broken the plane of ropes) all grappling contact must be broken. This seems to most often occur when a wrestler is being pinned down, automatically forcing the pin to be called off.
What are the different ways I can win a match?
- Pinfall, Countout, Submission or you can be disqualified for doing things like hitting your opponent with a steel chair.
I'm having trouble getting the timing of reversals down. Any suggestions on how I can have an easier time with this?
- Try lowering the difficulty level. Go to Options > Game Balancing and adjust to your taste.
Is there a tutorial mode that I’m missing?
- There is not a tutorial mode in the game, but you will receive gameplay tutorial tips as you play through the game's various modes. These are saved in the Tutorial Archives, which can be referenced at any time from the Options menu (in the main menu, scroll over to the Options tab).
How do I change my Superstar’s name in MyCAREER?
- You can do this under the MyPLAYER menu. Choose "Edit My MyPLAYER" and then scroll over to Name Information. Edit away after that.
What do the different letters in the bar with your energy/stamina mean?
- When your momentum meter completely fills you are awarded a Signature (S icon). If you successfully perform your Signature, you will be awarded a Finisher (F).
So how does that all play into the Payback System?
- The Payback System is kind of similar to the Signature and Finisher meters. All Superstars have access to a Level 1 (yellow) and Level 2 (red) Payback ability. These abilities are charged as a Superstar takes damage, allowing a play who might be falling behind to significantly change the course of a match. Once the Payback meter is full, the user can activate their ability at specific times to surprise their opponent.
How do I upload images to use in-game?
- We have a support article that takes you through a few steps as well as links you to the site you're looking for!