Hello, Vault Hunters.
One of the new features in Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition is the ability to import save games from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. Please note: You can only transfer saves between Xbox 360/Xbox One and PlayStation 3/PlayStation 4. You can't bring a save from PS3 to XB1, or 360 to PS4.
If you don't know how to transfer save games from last-gen to current-gen consoles, please see the instructions below.
Sony has a pretty substantial section of its support site devoted to this. If you encounter problems with the steps below, please check their entry out. Also, you should be aware that this feature is called PlayStation Plus Online Storage, which means you do need a PlayStation Plus membership to use it.
Uploading a save game from your PS3 to the cloud
- Go to "PlayStation Network" on your home screen and sign in to your existing account.
- Go to Game > Saved Data Utility (PS3).
- Select the data you want to save and press Triangle > [Copy].
- Select Online Storage as the save destination.
Download a save game to your PS4
- Fire up your PS4 and sign in to your account.
- Go to Settings > Application Data Management > Saved data in Online Storage > Download to System Storage.
- Select the title and then the file you would like to download and select "Yes" to overwrite the system storage file.
Before you ask: Yes, you need Xbox Live Gold to take advantage of the Cloud Saved Games feature. Microsoft has a detailed article on this subject, so please check it out if you have any problems with the steps we've posted below.
Setting up Cloud Saved Games
If you're already using Cloud Saved Games with your 360, you should be set. If your saved game is stored only on your Xbox 360, do the following before playing on Xbox One:
- On your Xbox 360, go to Settings > System > Storage > Cloud Saved Games, and then select "Enable."
- Start your game. When you're prompted to select a device for saving your game, choose Cloud Saved Games.
- End your game. Leave your Xbox 360 turned on long enough for it to upload your saved game.
To make sure that your saved game is in the cloud:
- On your Xbox 360 console, go to Settings > System > Storage > Cloud Saved Games.
- Choose the game.
If it says "In sync," it’s ready. If not, launch it, save your progress, and try again.
Uploading existing save games
- Sign in to your Xbox profile.
- Go to Settings, and then select "System."
- Select "Storage."
- Select the storage device that contains the saved game that you want to move to the cloud.
- Select "Games."
- Select the game with your saved game.
- Select your saved game.
- Select "Move."
- Select "Cloud Saved Games."