Hello, fearless world leaders.
For those of you enjoying Civilization VI on console, we've put together a list of likely questions (along with their answers) below.
How do I make a 2K Account?
- You must add in information in the 2K Account fields before pressing “Create New Account,” or account creation won't continue.
- To create a new account, press the button shown on the Main Menu.
- From there, add in your email address and desired password, and then choose “Create New Account.”
- This will take you to the 2K Account page to accept terms and finalize the account.
Can I play with a mouse and keyboard?
- Keyboard and mouse support is something we’re interested in, but don’t have anything to share at this time.
How do I view Tooltips?
- By default, Tooltips are set to a behavior of “Delay Show,” meaning they will display when the cursor has been unmoved for a brief period of time. This behavior can be adjusted in the Options menu under the Interface tab.
- Alternative options available are “Toggle,” which allows you to press a button to toggle Tooltips on or off, and “Always Show,” which will always display Tooltips when available
When two selectable items are on the same hex, how do I switch between them (e.g., a military unit on the same hex as a city)?
- There is a “Swap Units” option on the Unit Action bar when in this situation. Selecting it will change the cursor’s focus.
- Alternatively, pressing Up or Down on the Directional Pad will also cycle between available focuses
- In higher difficulties, the AI gets a boost to Technology, Civics, and more starting units.
- Settler - Easiest
- Prince - Default
- Deity – Hardest
How do I change my Show Grid, Show Resource Icons, Show Yield icons, and other map options?
- Players can toggle Show Grid, Show Resource Icons, or Show Yield icons on and off by Pausing while in a game
- From there choose the Options menu
- Navigate to the “Map Options” tab
- From here you can toggle what is displayed on the map, including Yields, Icons, and Labels