Hey Vault Hunters!
We're releasing an update for Borderlands 3 on PC for Epic, which will be live by 12:00 PM PST on March 13! This patch adds PC Cross-Play functionality through Gearbox Software SHiFT, new matchmaking menus, and addresses a reported concern with scrolling in Vending Machines. If you are experiencing any issues with this patch, or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.
The first time players launch Borderlands 3 after the update through Epic or Steam, they'll be asked to choose a Gearbox Software SHiFT Display Name. This name is displayed in-game when playing with other players. You can change your display name at any point in the Account Details tab of the Social Menu.
- Added backend functionality for Gearbox Software SHiFT Matchmaking so players can play with both Epic and Steam users
- Added functionality to use the player’s SHiFT Display Name to find and join friends playing on PC regardless of platform
- Added two new buttons to the Roster Tab of the Social Menu
- “Find SHiFT Friend” allows you to enter the exact SHiFT Display Name you’re looking for to add as a friend or block
- “Manage SHiFT Friends” allows you to view all current SHiFT friends and game invitations
- All friends will have an icon to indicate if they are a friend through Gearbox Software SHiFT or your PC platform (Epic or Steam)
- Added additional pages to the SHiFT tab of the Social Menu
- Redesigned the SHiFT Code and Reward History tabs
- Added a new Account Details tab to allow players to update their SHiFT Display Name (this will also update the player’s display name on forums.gearboxsoftware.com and on the Gearbox Software SHiFT website)
- Network & Social in the Options Menu now includes control options for PC Cross-Play functionality
- Added “Friend Sync” toggle to give players the option to sync friends from Epic and Steam to Gearbox Software SHiFT
- Added “PC Cross-Play” toggle to give players the option to be included in PC Cross-Play matchmaking pools (when toggled to “Off”, players will only be paired with other players on their current PC platform)
Note: Currently, players are still only able to send mail to players on the same platform. This will be changed in a future patch.
- Addressed a concern that scrolling functionality was sometimes not available in Vending Machines and item cards were sometimes not staying on the screen
- Added functionality when signing into SHiFT for “Forgot your Password?” to link to a new page