Hello, fearless world leaders.
After the release of the Ethiopia DLC, some users on Nintendo Switch and PS4 have experienced issues with the X/Y or Square/Triangle buttons. As we investigate this issue, we currently have a workaround that should help you out. Here's the steps you'll need to take:
- Launch the game and from the Main Menu, then link to an existing my2K Account (or create a new one).
- Once linked, load any save you want to keep.
- After you're in-game, open the pause menu and select "Save Game", make sure to toggle the "Cloud" option to make the save. (You'll want to do this step for every single save you want to keep.) You can verify the save file is on the cloud by going back to the pause menu, selecting "Load Game" and toggling the "Cloud" option to view list of saves.
- Once each save is on the cloud, quit out of the game and go back to the platform's home screen.
- Then, go into the system's setting, and delete the saved data specifically for Civilization VI.
- For Nintendo Switch:
- From the Switch Home screen, scroll over to the Switch "System Settings" menu, select the "Data Management" option, then select "Delete Save Data" option.
- Select Civilization VI, then the option for "Delete Save Data for 'User Profile'" and choose "Delete Save Data" to confirm the action.
- For PS4:
- From the Playstation Home screen, scroll over to the Playstation "Settings" menu, select the "Application Saved Data Management" option, then select "Saved Data in System Storage" option, and then scroll down to the "Delete option" and select it.
- Locate the save data for "Sid Meier’s Civilization VI" and press the X button.
- Toggle the checkbox for the save data for Civilization and then select the “Delete” option in the bottom right hand part of the screen and confirm the action.
- For Nintendo Switch:
- Wait at least 5 minutes, re-launch the game and you should see your my2K Account connect in the bottom right. If not, then close the title and wait a few more minutes.
- From the game's main menu, select Single Player, load game, and toggle the "Cloud" option on to load the save.
When following these steps, please note:
- All game options will be reset to default with this method.
- This method can be used for Single Player or Multiplayer Saves.
- If you log out of my2K, you will lose access to the cloud saves, but if you log in again they will reappear.