Have you tried logging into your account only to encounter this error message?
"This feature is unavailable. You do not have the required account privileges."
If so, don’t worry, we have some suggestions that should get you back on the courts in no time!
First thing to note: Do you have Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus?
Xbox Live Gold/PlayStation Plus is required to play in all online functions with NBA 2K21, thus not having Gold or Plus might explain your issue.
If you do have PlayStation Plus, this might be caused by an account with children's permissions being signed in, even if the account being used is able to access all content. The easiest way to solve this is to sign off from all PSN IDs except the one currently in use. To do this on the PS4, try this:
- Hold down the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Select Power > Switch User
- You'll see a list of accounts on your PlayStation 4, with notes on which accounts are logged in. Select any account that is logged in but isn't the account you're trying to use.
- At the home screen of that account, hold down the PlayStation button and select Power > Log Out of PS4.
- Repeat as necessary until only the adult account you want to use is still logged in.
If the problem persists, please refer to the following link explaining how to promote a child account. If you are a child then please ask your parents to help you do this: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Sub-Account-Graduation-to-Master-Account?language=en_US
If you do have Xbox Live Gold, this might mean that there are restrictions keeping you from connecting. You can try changing this yourself:
- Press the Xbox button to return to the Home screen.
- Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
- Select "Settings". Then head to "Account".
- From there, select "Privacy and online safety" and head to "View details and customize".
- The following needs to be set to "Allow"/"Everybody": "Share content using Kinect”, "Others can communicate with voice", and "You can see and share content”.
- Then, clear your cache.
If you don't have Xbox Live Gold, though, additional research shows that this "account privileges" error message can occur on Xbox when there are restrictions set in place in the Xbox Dashboard. It is usually because players have a privacy and online setting that might be set to "Block" that should be set to "Allow."
- Try changing the specific settings "Share content using Kinect" and "You can see and share content." You need to set these to "Allow" and "Everybody" respectively. Go to your settings and then on the left go to "Privacy and Online Settings". Click on "Customs."
If this wasn't the problem then the problem may be that you have multiple Live accounts logged in simultaneously. Try logging out of all Gamertags, and only sign in with the one you want to use: Xbox Button > Home Screen > Scroll Left
If any of those accounts are restricted in any way;
- Try logging out of that account or change the account restrictions in Settings.
A few other helpful steps:
- Try enabling your social network privileges by going to Xbox Live online account privileges in Settings.
- If the problem persists, please refer to the following link explaining how to promote a child account. If you are a child then please ask your parents to help you do this: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/promote-child-account
Finally, the last piece of troubleshooting we have to offer for this issue is to try a re-download of your Xbox Live Gamertag. Here's how:
Remove your profile from the console:
- Go to Home screen.
- Press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to the right. Under OTHER PEOPLE, select Remove accounts.
- Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Choose this person.
- Select Remove from this Xbox to confirm.
- When you’re finished, select Close.
Hold the power button on the console until it shuts off then unplug the power cord for 2 minutes. Replug your console in and when the light turns orange on the power bar, turn your console back on.
Once the console is restarted, re-download your profile:
- Select Sign in.
- Sign into your Gamertag.
- Allow your profile to download.
If you would like any additional information regarding this issue, feel free to contact Xbox Support.