Among the new features coming with The City on next-gen NBA 2K21 are Mayors! With each Affiliation and Borough in the City, all can elect their own Mayor. But who are they, what do they do, how does it influence the game? You've stopped in the right place!
- Affiliation Videos - Mayors will be creating assorted videos during their term that will appear in-game on the jumbotrons in the court areas.
- Custom Playlists - Mayors can curate custom music playlists that only play within their respective borough/affiliation boundaries. This is actually a great feature in that each Affiliation court area will have its own vibe based on the musical selections of the current Mayor.
- Court Design - There will be events during a Mayor’s term where if their Affiliation comes out victorious, they will have the responsibility of designing what the courts look like for their borough.
- Mural Design - Like Court Design above, there will be opportunities for Affiliations to customize the look of their court areas with highly stylized murals to really set the tone for the location when rival players come to visit!
- Uniform Selection - When it comes time to formally battle the other Affiliations head-to-head, the Mayor will have the unique opportunity to select the uniform that all members will wear as they stream onto the courts of their rivals.
- Polls and Communication - Mayors can also interact with their constituents via in-game polls and messaging that is all conveniently built directly into the menu system of The City.
For the launch of NBA 2K21, we have hand-selected the initial candidates for mayors. These four big-time community influencers will be leading the charge for our Mayor program. But these positions aren’t permanent! Every six weeks is an election week. You and the community representing your Affiliation will help decide who becomes the next Mayor. We've got some fun ideas in store to make election weeks exciting and memorable. Stay tuned!