With the arrival of season 3, we’re excited to reveal some big changes and additions coming in the S3 update. That includes a new King of the Court event. More NBA players and legends on the roster. Updates to the draft board. A fresh visual redesign across the game and brand-new themes with unique card art. Other things in S3 will look familiar, like the two-week theme structure. The always-on game modes. Daily login rewards. Harden’s beard.
We’ve got the details here to prepare you for Season 3 launch. Plus, read on for important notes about what is and isn’t carrying over to S3, a breakdown of how this year’s Mentors work, and more.
Notable additions and changes:
- King of the Court – March Madness meets NBA in this new single-elimination, tournament style event added to our regular rotation. Earn points based on where you finish in your bracket and bonus points based on how much you win games by, and then proceed to a new bracket. Like other events, KOTC pits you against the lineups of other 2K Mobile users and features both progression and leaderboard rewards. We’re excited to bring this to you the first week of S3.
- Speaking of events, the rotation will be flexible as we learn which ones you like best. We’ve made updates to the returning events, some of which are to reduce exploits and imbalanced matchups. Now, instead of the same order over and over, we’re planning to vary things a bit based on the current theme and your feedback on the four events. To start, they will each run once in the first four weeks.
- In addition to the visual redesign, S3 brings a new soundtrack and updated jerseys, courts and player stats to reflect the upcoming NBA season. (Let’s pretend the Raptors are playing in Toronto.)
- We’ve made changes to the draft board. Most notably, you will see more cards in your board resets and less gear keys. You’ll still get keys, but less often (especially standard keys). We also lowered the floor for some tiers – an Emerald card now resets the board for Amethyst players, for example – but we did these things knowing you’d typically rather get a card than a key.
- Did you see our screenshot of the great Manu Ginobili? He’s among the dozens of new current and former players coming to the game at launch in foundation tiers and the first theme. After that, we’ve got big plans to add more legends from various eras of the NBA in future themes and tiers.
- We’ve made a couple changes to daily rewards you can earn. Starting at S3 launch, the free pack includes coins and Checklist rewards are permanently doubled.
More key things to know:
- Mentors – These will be the best 500 cards in your Collections at the end of Season 2, Gold tier and above. A Mentor’s strength is based on its tier AND its PWR at the end of S2. So, it would be smart to train up the cards that you know will be used as Mentors in your five lineups for S3. As a reminder, Mentors boost PWR and up to two attributes, and they must be the same position as your S3 card.
Any unused coins you have at the end of S2 will transfer to S3. Plus, you’ll also get the coins in your S3 vault, currently visible in the Coins tab of the Store. The following will not carry over to S3: Gear, energy, doublers, collectibles, gear keys and sanitizers, H2H boosts, and Season 1 Mentors. So, be sure to use those to train up or craft cards that can become Mentors.
As we previously wrote, everything in Crews mode carries over to S3 with no changes. New MyPlayer equipment will be dropping every other Tuesday – the second week of each theme.
The Season 3 rewards you’ve been working toward will arrive after completing a few tutorials in S3. Same with the coins in your S3 vault – you will get those after the tutorials. Endorsement rewards are Ruby 5-star LeBron, Sapphire 4-star Steph Curry, Emerald 3-star Giannis, Gold 2-star Harden, and Silver Durant.
Okay, so there’s the key info you need. Hit us up with questions and as always, send us your feedback as we get going in Season 3.
See you on the court in Season 3!