Welcome, World Conquerors!
Civ VI brings you the latest in the New Frontier pass featuring a new civilization, game mode, and districts with the Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack.
Vietnam civilization with Bà Triệu, the Voi Chiến unique unit, and the Thành
- Civ Unique Ability: Vietnam’s unique ability is “Nine Dragon River Delta.” All land
specialty districts can only be built on Rainforest, Marsh, or Woods tiles. Buildings on
each type of tile receive either additional Science, Production, or Culture. This ability
also allows Woods to be planted with the Medieval Faires civic.
- Leader Unique Ability: Bà Triệu’s unique ability, “Drive Out the Aggressors,” provides
additional Combat Strength for units fighting in Rainforest, Marsh, or Woods tiles; this
bonus is further increased for tiles owned by Vietnam. Beginning a turn in Rainforest,
Marsh, or Woods also provides additional Movement, which is also further increased for
tiles owned by Vietnam.
- Unique Unit: Vietnam features the unique Medieval era ranged unit, the Voi Chiến. This
unit can move after attacking and has additional Movement. It is more expensive than
the Crossbowman unit it replaces, but is stronger when defending and has greater sight.
- Unique District: The Thanh unique district offers additional Culture for each adjacent
district. Once Flight is researched, the district generates Tourism equal to its Culture
output. It does not require Population and is cheaper to build than the Encampment
district it replaces.
Kublai Khan as an alternate leader for China and Mongolia (requires the
Rise and Fall expansion to play as Mongolia.)
- Leader Unique Ability : Kublai Khan’s unique ability, “Gerege,” provides one extra
Economic policy slot in any government. It also grants a random Eureka and Inspiration
when establishing a Trading Post in another civilization’s city for the first time.
- As a leader of China, Kublai Khan’s science boosts are even more powerful, and his
extra policy slot empowers economic strategies. As a leader of Mongolia, Kublai Khan
leverages trade routes for military might.
New “Monopolies and Corporations” Game Mode
This optional game mode elevates strategic economic gameplay to a whole new
level, offering enticing new rewards based on claiming, acquiring, and exploiting map resources
in every era.
- Create an Industry around duplicate Luxury resources to grant powerful buffs to host
cities and provide bonus Great Merchant points.
- Transform Industries into Corporations, which can be given customized names, increase
Industry effects, and create Products. Products can be shipped to other cities to share
Industry effects throughout a civilization.
- A Monopoly is created when a civilization dominates the global supply of a Luxury
Resource. Monopolies provide additional Tourism and can significantly increase the
Gold generated each turn.
New District and New Buildings
- New District: The Preserve district is placed in a secluded area untouched by
infrastructure. It can Culture-bomb adjacent unowned tiles, gains additional Housing
based on Appeal, and increases the Appeal of adjacent tiles.
- New Buildings: Two buildings can be constructed in the Preserve district. The Grove
unlocks with Mysticism, while the Sanctuary unlocks with Conservation. Both increase
the yields of adjacent Charming and Breathtaking tiles that have not been improved.