We've got a bunch of answers to frequently asked questions about NBA 2K22. Check it out!
When is the release date for NBA 2K22?
- All editions of NBA 2K22 are currently scheduled for worldwide release on September 10, 2021 and are available for pre-order today.
What platforms will I be able to purchase NBA 2K22 on?
- NBA 2K22 will be available on current generation consoles: PlayStation®5 / Xbox Series X|S and previous generation consoles: PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch, Steam for PC.
What versions will be available to purchase this year?
This year, NBA 2K22 will offer three editions of the game available on digital and physical formats: Standard Edition, a Cross-Gen Digital Bundle and a special NBA 75th Anniversary Edition:
- The Standard Edition will be available for $59.99** on previous-gen platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One consoles, Nintendo Switch, and PC) and $69.99** on new-gen consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S);
- The Cross-Gen Digital Bundle will be available for $79.99** and grant players access to the Standard Edition across previous- and new-gen within the same PlayStation and Xbox consoles;
- NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition will be available for $99.99** for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Dual-gen access is included for both the Cross-Gen Digital Bundle and NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for the PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S platforms and provides a version of the game on each console generation within the same console family. The NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for Nintendo Switch will only be available on digital format in the EMEA region.
What is the WNBA version?
- In North America, players can purchase a special version of the Standard Edition featuring six-time WNBA All-Star and WNBA Champion, Candace Parker, on the cover and available exclusively through GameStop and EB Games.
How does the Cross-Gen Dual Entitlement Bundle work in NBA 2K22 this year?
- Players that purchase the Cross-Gen Digital Bundle will receive both versions of NBA 2K22 across the PlayStation® or Xbox console family. So using Sony PlayStation® as an example, you will receive both the PlayStation®4 version and the PlayStation®5 version of NBA 2K22, which remain different products. More information on the different editions is available on the Pre-Order page.
Will there be any cross-progression or crossplay between the different versions of NBA 2K22 or the modes?
- There will not be crossplay between different consoles or PC. There will, however, be cross-progression in MyTEAM across generations of consoles from the same console family (Xbox One → Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®4 → PlayStation®5).
How do pre-order entitlements vary across editions in NBA 2K22 this year?
- There are three global pre-order entitlements that include Virtual Currency, MyCAREER, and MyTEAM content. Players can also visit their local retailers for even more pre-order bonus content offers. For all the details about what’s available when you pre-order, check out the Pre-Order page.
Will NBA 2K22 on the PS4/Xbox One generation of consoles have different cover athletes like NBA 2K21?
- No. This year, our cover athletes will be universal across all platforms of the game, inclusive of our special covers in specific regions and at retail. More information on the different editions is available on the Pre-Order page.
Are there any plans to bring the next generation of NBA 2K titles to PC and Switch in the future?
- This is something the team is passionate about and will continue to investigate what is possible for the franchise in the future. For now, the focus was on assuring NBA 2K22 was optimized for the new consoles (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S), while also making sure the experience remains fresh and innovative for players on other platforms.
Check out the NBA 2K22 official site for a full breakdown of the pre-order details and more info on the cover athletes featured across the different editions of this year’s game.