2K takes player conduct and fairness very seriously. Engaging in toxic behavior, cheating, or any other actions aimed at gaining an unfair advantage in NBA 2K not only diminishes the quality of the game but also harms the experience for the entire community.
To ensure the safety and security of our NBA 2K community, we actively monitor player behavior both in and outside the game. Players who violate our Terms of Service and/or this Player Code of Conduct may face corrective actions ranging from an initial warning or temporary ban to a permanent ban.
Prohibited behaviors subject to corrective action include, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing, selling or transferring NBA 2K accounts to or from another player, including transferring accounts for the purpose of engaging in “grinding” services affecting account progression.
- Purchasing Virtual Currency (VC) from unauthorized third-party sellers/websites.
- Purchasing MyTEAM Points (MTP) from unauthorized third-party sellers/websites.
- VC farming and selling, including creating multiple accounts for the purpose of transferring and/or aggregating currency.
- MTP farming and selling, including creating multiple accounts for the purpose of transferring and/or aggregating currency.
- Farming VC or MTP includes non-participation in matches that result in currency accrual, whether that be through manual input or automated processes.
- Purchasing, selling, or transferring MTP to or from another player or account
- Building or using bots in any form or fashion.
- Hacking or attempting to hack NBA 2K in any form or fashion.
- "Boosting” - Fraudulently altering progression by coordinating with other players to manipulate the outcomes of online games.
- Players identified to be involved in “boosting” will lose all earned REP progress and may be temporarily or permanently banned. We appreciate your partnership and support in protecting the game and community. Please contact customer service if you feel you have been banned in error.
Promoting, increasing awareness, or driving engagement to any of these prohibited behaviors which are not clearly and explicitly authorized by 2K or Take-Two is not allowed and is also subject to corrective action.