Starting on Wednesday December 8th at 10 AM Pacific Time the 2K launcher will be receiving an update - that means a few games will need to be updated too, in order to work in the Steam or Epic Games platform after that point.
- Mafia Definitive Edition
- Mafia 2 Definitive Edition
- Mafia 3 Definitive Edition
- Civilization VI
- XCOM 2
- XCOM: Chimera Squad
This doesn't mean the game itself is changing at all, just that the launcher needed a bit of a boost in the background. Give it a go and you'll be back in the game in no time!
We've also made troubleshooting the 2K Launcher easier for you! If you are having trouble with the 2K Launcher before you get any games running, give these steps a try:
- Ensure the Launcher is on version 188.8.131.5229 or newer. (Can be viewed in the Launcher Application Settings and on the Splash Screen while the launcher is opening)
- Close the Launcher if it is running.
- Press and hold the “C” key on the keyboard.
- Launch the title via Steam or Epic Games, while continuing to hold the “C” key. (Note: The “C” key must be held throughout the initial startup of the launcher, so starting to holding the “C” key prior to clicking on Play should avoid any timing issues)
- Release the “C” key once the game’s page is displayed in the Launcher.
The only way to know if this worked is if the problem goes away. If it doesn't work, then it may be time to reach out to our Support Team to ask for more help. Keep in mind these steps won't do anything if you try them after the game has been opened.