So, you are having some trouble with the 2K Launcher? It’s never fun running into issues when launching your game and we completely understand. But not to worry! We have compiled some helpful troubleshooting tips to get you back in your game.
If you are experiencing issues after the game launches, please see the appropriate troubleshooting for the game title you are launching.
Please Note: The 2K Launcher should only be opened by launching the game from Steam or Epic.
Before you start, please ensure you have installed the latest Windows updates. Having Windows up to date can solve many 2K Launcher issues!
In case you are on Windows and the game won't launch after you press Play on the 2K Launcher or you are stuck in an infinite loading loop, we have an article you can check out here for tips to fix that: https://support.2k.com/hc/articles/10504341808787
For a Game Failed to Launch error, we also have an article with all the troubleshooting you should need: https://support.2k.com/hc/articles/14643021109907
Running Steam/Epic Games as Administrator
We’ve found some cases where issues happen because of insufficient admin permissions. Please try running your Steam/Epic Games client with Windows administrator permissions. Here’s how:
- Completely close out of Steam/Epic Games
- You may need to use the Task Manager to ensure that no Steam/Epic processes are running. If you see any open Steam/Epic tasks, select it on the task manager and then click “End Task”
- Right click on the shortcut, then click “Run as administrator”
- If there are any issues with running Steam/Epic as admin, please be sure to mention that in your support ticket!
Using the 2K Launcher with Epic:
The first time you launch an Epic game that uses the 2K Launcher, you will need to select "Allow" on a connection request prompt on a page that opens in your default Web browser. This is an Epic prompt and must be accepted for the 2K Launcher to work properly. The 2K Launcher will be unable to verify which games you own until this connection is allowed.
If these connection prompts are not appearing in your default web browser, please try temporarily changing your default web browser to see if this resolves the issue. You can change your default browser this way:
- Close the 2K Launcher
- Ensure another Web Browser is installed (ex. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.)
- Type “Default Apps” into the Windows Search field and press enter (on the taskbar where it says Type here to search)
- Click on the icon in the Web Browser section and select a different option to change your default web browser
- Relaunch the game through Epic
Keep in mind: Some games on the 2K Launcher also require a similar prompt to be accepted to function properly with Epic. The prompts for these games will appear the first time you select Play on the game’s page in the 2K Launcher. The game itself will not open until this prompt is accepted.
Clearing 2K Launcher Data:
- Restart your computer
- Be sure to check and see if you’re still experiencing the same issue after a restart!
- Launch your game from Steam or Epic to open the 2K Launcher
- With the 2K Launcher open, click on the 2K logo in the top left corner of the window, then click on “Launcher Settings”
- On the “Launcher Settings” screen, click the “Clear Cache” button
- Once the prompt appears, click “Restart Now”
- Once it’s finished restarting, launch the game from the 2K Launcher
If you are having trouble accessing the 2K Launcher or seeing a black/grey screen when the 2K Launcher is open:
- Open the start menu and type in: %localappdata%
- Open the folder labeled "T2GP Launcher".
- Open the newest version of the launcher folder, it will start with "app-" and have the highest number.
- Open the "launcher_irt.exe" in the folder.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click "Send Report."
- Please copy the report ID presented after submitting and send that back to us, to allow our team to identify your report more easily.
2K Launcher Default Install Location
- The default location for 2K Launcher files is the AppData folder. While you shouldn’t need to do anything with these files, the default folder locations are provided below. [username] should be replaced with your Windows profile username.
- “C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\T2GP Launcher”
- “C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\T2GP Launcher”
These steps should get you back in the game, but if you have any more issues, send us a support ticket!