If you want to really get into NBA 2K23, the option to scan your face is once again in the game.
You need the MyNBA2K23 app downloaded onto a compatible iOS or Android device. Then, just follow the instructions below. Before we begin, please take the following advice into consideration for getting the best possible scan.
Tips for Scanning Your Face
- Make sure your face is in even lighting from the front with as few shadows as possible.
- This is the single biggest cause of bad scans.
- It can be hard to keep your eyes open in direct light. If you need to blink, stop moving your head so the app will not take any pictures at that moment.
- Hold the phone at eye level.
- Many people hold it a few inches too low and point it back up.
- Hold the phone around 18” from your face.
- You don't necessarily need to make your face fill up the outline on the screen.
- Turn your head slowly to a max of 45 degrees.
- Look forward as you turn your head.
- Many people try to stay focused on the phone.
- As you turn your head, make sure you are not just pointing your chin from side to side.
- Many people do this because they are subconsciously trying to keep their eyes on the phone.
How to Scan Your Face
- Make sure you've set up your MyPLAYER account and connected it to both NBA 2K23 and MyNBA2K23.
- In MyNBA2K23, select "Scan Your Face".
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Watch your face become one of the most popular in the NBA!
Updating MyPLAYER Face After Starting MyCAREER
If you have already started your game progress, and now want to add your own looks to the legend you are building, you just need to take a few steps:
- Make sure you have already followed the steps above in the MyNBA2K23 to have your good looks good to go.
- From the main menu, select MyCAREER and load into the City with your pre-existing MyPLAYER save that you want to star in.
- Pause to get to the Nav menu, and select the Appearance option under the MyPLAYER tab.
- Head to the Appearance tab to edit the MyPLAYER's appearance
- Select the 'Scan Your Face' button from the bottom of the appearance options to apply your scan.
For extra help, check out this handy tweet with a video showing the process: https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1573060490762518533